Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California

Thursday, September 06, 2007

Radcliffe Speaking

I chatted with Daniel Radcliffe (aka Harry Potter) this evening at the premiere of his new movie, "December Boys."

Daniel was being surrounded by fans, and yet, the PR people (God bless them) pulled the actor aside so that I could have five minutes to ask him a few things. As our conversation continued, I felt the jealous and angry stares of nearby Potter fans, who were probably wishing I'd drop dead so that Radcliffe would be freed from my possessive grasp.

I now more fully understand Radcliffe's first few words to me. I told him that I was sorry to pull him away from his fans, and that I'd only take up a few minutes. He quickly interrupted me and said, "Oh, no, thank you so much." He glanced back at the crowd of people who were eyeing him like he was a juicy piece of steak, and then he looked back at me and said, "Please take as long as you like."

Alas, the downside of being the most famous wizard in the world.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So why did you get such an opportunity? Were you reporting for someone/media, etc? Where can we read your interview? Was there a large crowd there, it seems like this was thrown together at the last minute? Most reporters, I would think would be at the Toronto or Venice film fests?

11:48 PM  
Blogger John said...

I work for Variety, and they send me to cover premieres from time to time.

My blurb on the "December Boys" premiere should be published on Tuesday.

And yes, there was a large crowd.

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home