Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California

Monday, August 20, 2007

Super Taranta!

So, having given the album quite a few spins in my car's CD player, I've come to the conclusion that Gogol Bordello's "Super Taranta!" is the best album I've heard so far this year. Yes, even better than Arcade Fire's "Neon Bible."

Gogol Bordello is definitely an acquired taste. You have to approach them with the same sort of enthusiasm they deliver. If you were, say, severely depressed, I'd imagine that listening to Gogol Bordello would make you want to slit your wrists, or at least make you wonder why these guys are having such a good time.

But, I don't think you need to be ecstatically happy either. I'm sure being drunk or high wouldn't hurt, but speaking as a completely sober and mellow person, Gogol Bordello rules.

Two more videos:





I love Letterman's reaction... he had no idea what to make of them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home