Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Post-Golden Globes

I was 8/10 with my predictions, not bad at all.

So it looks like "Brokeback Mountain" is going to go all the way. It's a wonderful picture, and although I'd rather the Best Picture Oscar go to "Munich" or "Capote," I'll still be very happy when "Brokeback" wins. And it's way better than last year's winner, "Million Dollar Baby."

What will be unique about this Oscars is how the competition is pretty much all small films. This may be the most indie-esque Oscars we've seen in a long time, and that's fine by me.

If the BP nominees turn out to be "Brokeback Mountain," "Capote," "Crash," "Good Night, and Good Luck," and "Munich," I'll be totally thrilled. All five of those are in my Top 20, and three of them are in my Top 10.

So now we just need to hope that Walk the Line doesn't steal Munich's spot. And that "Howl's Moving Castle" is at least nominated for Animated Film. If "Chicken Little" or "Madagascar" gets in over "Howl," I'm going to ... (fill in the blank).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home