Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Concerts

While at last night's Loney Dear concert at Club Spaceland, I started wondering about how many concerts I've been to in my entire life. Apparently, not that many. Below is a list of every band or musician I can recall seeing. What about you? I'm sure some of your lists will put mine to shame. (note: I'm not including opening acts)

Animal Collective
Asobi Seksu
Beirut
Bjork
Blink 182
Bloc Party
Bob Dylan
Destroyer
Elbow
For Stars
Gogol Bordello
Joni Mitchell
The Little Ones
Loney, Dear
Los Lobos
Migala
The Offspring
Paul Simon
Ra Ra Riot
Randy Newman
R.E.M.
Rufus Wainwright
Sigur Ros
The Swell Season
Van Morrison
Weezer
The Wrens

4 Comments:

Anonymous Conor said...

What about The Swell Season? Also, didn't you see Migala as the headliner before?

5:04 AM  
Anonymous Conor said...

Also, you should list opening bands. Why not? You still saw them live.

5:06 AM  
Anonymous James said...

Oh, boy. Becuz I'm a festival goer, this list could be pretty long. I'm pretty proud of it, considering I didn't start to actively go to concerts until 2006 (before 2006, I'd only been to two concerts: Elton John and Alanis Morrisette). Lemme see how comprehensive I can get this (I'm only including acts I went to see and saw the entirety of):

The Rolling Stones
Bob Dylan x 3
The Red Hot Chili Peppers x 2
Depeche Mode
Daft Punk
Kanye West
The Decemberists
Arcade Fire
Roger Waters x 2
The Raconteurs
Vampire Weekend
The National
Steven Malkimus & The Jicks
Hot Chip
Kraftwerk
Portishead
Prince
Gogol Bordello
My Morning Jacket
Radiohead
Santogold
The Black Keys x 2
The Hold Steady
Franz Ferdinand
Leonard Cohen
Paul McCartney
TV on the Radio
M.I.A.
Mastodon
Yeah Yeah Yeahs x 2
My Bloody Valentine
The Cure
Weezer
Kings of Leon

8:55 AM  
Blogger John said...

Well, Swell Season I've seen twice, but both times were at intimate parties, not concerts. But I guess I can add them, and Migala too.

I've seen way too many obscure or unimpressive opening bands. Most of them I can barely remember. I'd much rather stick with a list of the bands I actually wanted to see.

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home