Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California

Monday, May 19, 2008

I Might Go Mac

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm seriously considering getting a Mac.

I've been a Windows person my whole life, and I've always considered PCs to be better than Macs. PCs run all the programs I want to run, whereas Macs don't. I understand PCs, whereas Macs often don't make sense to me (why, for instance, can I not print just the highlighted section of a website?).

But, Windows Vista has been a bitch. Everything was going fine until my Dell reached its first birthday (which is, coincidentally, also when its warranty expired). Ever since then, it's been a nightmare.

The culprit seems to be Microsoft's Windows Updates. Apparently, Microsoft has no problem releasing updates that severely destroy the functionality of your computer.

One update made my computer think that I hadn't purchased a genuine version of Windows Vista, and therefore, it disabled the nifty Aero function (which was, mind you, probably the only neat thing about Vista). I still cannot get Aero back, and so for the past few months, my Vista computer has looked like a Windows XP machine.

And now, another update has disabled my mouse. I cannot for the life of me get my mouse to work. Just try browsing the Internet using your keyboard's TAB button.

I don't like Macs. Soul Seek doesn't run on Macs. Bio Shock doesn't run on Macs. Audio Surf doesn't run on Macs. But, dang it, I'm so pissed off that I'm ready to try something new.

What do you think? Should I take the plunge and become the Justin Long "Mac Guy" that I never wanted to become?

2 Comments:

Blogger AJF said...

Don't do it! I'm a PC person through and through. I honestly think the problem is more compatibility with Dell--or Dell in general--than Windows Vista. I've been running Windows Vista on a Sony Vaio since Vista came out and have never had a problem with it. I had problems on my Dell all the time.

There are SOME nice things about Macs, I'll admit, but I think that when you list out the pros and cons, PCs just...win. Please, John Hodgman needs us.

P.S. Did you graduate? If so, Congrats! If not....uh...shame on you I guess?

11:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You would never get a Mac. Even if your computer were to explode or grow legs and commit suicide by jumping out our window you'd end up getting another PC.

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home