Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Top Albums of 2007

Better late than never, right?

I've been so busy of late that I accumulated a stack of albums I hadn't listened to, but I still wanted to give them all a fair shake. Hence the ridiculous delay.

Then there was the dilemma of ranking them. I just don't have the energy or motivation to do that at this time. And, in all honestly, I hold these albums in such similar esteem that I'd rather not put them in any kind of order. Yeah, I'm wimping out.

Thus, to compensate for my emasculating refusal to rank them, you're going to get 15 albums instead of the normal 10. Actually, I'm doing that because I simply couldn't get the list down to just 10. Again, wimping out. I'm so pathetic.

So, in alphabetical order...

Akron-Family - Love is Simple

Animal Collective - Strawberry Jam

Arcade Fire - Neon Bible

Band of Horses - Cease to Begin

Gogol Bordello - Super Taranta!

Junior Senior - Hey Hey My My Yo Yo

Lily Allen - Alright, Still

Loney, Dear - Loney, Noir

Okkervil River - The Stage Names

Panda Bear - Person Pitch

Radiohead - In Rainbows

The Shins - Wincing the Night Away

Spoon - Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga

Tunng - Good Arrows

White Rabbits - Fort Nightly

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes! Finally. Great list . . . it's far better than my own. After hearing LCD's 45:33, that and Sound of Silver would probably rank out at #4 or #5 on mine if I updated it. Also, I'd try to make room for Spoon and Animal Collective. When I was listening to a ton of music last year, I forgot to seek out the more indie, un-mainstream stuff, and my list reflects that. Yours shows that I have a ton of stuff to listen to. So glad to see Gogol on there (can't wait to see them in April!) and my two fav albums of 2007, In Rainbows and Neon Bible. Looking back, 2007 was a fantastic year, both for American film and American music. (If I might ask, what was your favorite album of the year? . . . if it's In Rainbows, it would be uncanny that we'd both have the same fav film/album of the year. What would be next? - a martian invasion?)

7:57 AM  
Blogger AJF said...

congrats on the Juno cover story "additional reporting by"!

2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home