Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The Best Oscar Noms Ever!

Just watched the announcement and...

- No Into the Wild! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- There Will Be Blood for Picture & Director! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Sarah Polley for Adapted Screenplay! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- No Emile Hirsch! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- No Catherine Keener! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- No Sean Penn for director or screenplay! He's going to kill someone!
- Atonement for Best Pic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And, my goodness, look at that Best Pic lineup:

Atonement, Juno, Michael Clayton, No Country for Old Men, There Will Be Blood

Isn't that the best Best Picture lineup you ever did see? Four of the films are in my top 10 list (and before my recent dropping of Juno, all five were on my list).

The full list of nominees hasn't been posted yet... let's hope there are even more pleasant surprises.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh, dude, the nominations are mediocre at best. As you know, I thought Atonement was a terrible film. I hated Juno even more than Atonement. Michael Clayton was a solid acting showcase, but probably not even one of the twenty best films of 2007. Of course, it's all subjective. I'm just glad the two best films of the year are frontrunners. At least these nominees are better than 2006. I woulda taken the overcooked but involving Into the Wild over the aforementioned three: as flawed as it is, it still contained far more humanity and genuine dedication to the material than any of those three Oscar-ready 'prestige' picks. (I guess Juno isn't a prestige pick, but people certainly don't hate it as much as they should).

8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, in other news, though, I'm going to Coachella both Saturday and Sunday this year, where I will be seeing Portishead, Kraftwerk, MIA, Rilo Kiley, Gogol Bordello, Roger Waters and My Morning Jacket, among others. I'm frickin' stoked. Where the hell is your top ten albums, dude?

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home