Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

The Best of the Best Of Lists

They Shoot Pictures, Don't They? just released an updated version of "The 1,000 Greatest Films." Their list is the best of its kind. It compiles 1,193 Top 10 lists (including my own) and 213 polls to arrive at a definitive list of the supposed greatest films of all time.

Of course I don't agree with everything on the list, and I still haven't seen a lot of the choices. But if you're curious about watching some great films, their list is a perfect place to start.

Here's their Top 10:

1. Citizen Kane
2. The Rules of the Game
3. Vertigo
4. 2001: A Space Odyssey
5. 8 1/2
6. The Seven Samurai
7. The Godfather
8. The Searchers
9. Tokyo Story
10. Singin' in the Rain

How many have you seen? I've seen nine... I still need to get around to watching my DVD of "The Seven Samurai." I've been intimidated by its 200-min length.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home